Glaisnock House is situated just one mile south of Cumnock,east Ayrshire.
In 1833 this grand house was built for a large family (The Allasons), in 1968 it became a school for rural students of the area and in 2015 it became fully abandoned.
Glaisnock Mansion House, n 1833 this grand house was built for a large family (The Allasons), in 1968 it became a school for rural students of the area and in 2015 it became fully abandoned.
The house has been extended over the years to what can be seen today.
Little is known about the Allason's accept they were high ranked in the military and involved in politics.
In the mid 1800s, the Estate passed from the Allason family to Captain Robert Campbell of Auchmannoch in the parish of Sorn.
The estate was broken up around 1949 with the mansion being bought by the County Council. The Council opened Glaisnock in 1952 as a junior secondary school. The school specializing in rural education, took in boarders as well as day pupils. Glaisnock was operated as a four year school from 1968 until its closure in June 1973.
The house was built around 1833, it was designed by James Ingram of Kilmarnock for a Mr James Allason however the house has been extended over the years, not much is known about Mr Allason except that he ranked highly in the military and had some involvement in politics.
The estate was then bought by the County Council and opened as a secondary school in 1952. The school took in boarding students as well as day pupils from 1968 until its closure in June 1973.
The house was bought by a Chinese man in 2014 but he died suddenly from a brain tumour back in August 2015, the result of this was that the plans to renovate the building into a Chinese language and cultural centre were held up, all work stopped at the building back in 2015 and it has been left derelict ever since.
Land owner permission requirements unknown.
View and discuss this location in more detail on Grey Arrows.
Co-ordinates: 55.43431, -4.253587 • what3words: ///launch.captions.sunroof