St. Nicholas, Hulcote, Bedfordshire
The church of St. Nicholas is a very small but ancient edifice of Late Perpendicular date, consisting of chaneel and nave and a low embattled western tower, with pinnacles at the angles and containing 4 bells: there are monuments of the Chernocke family from the time of Henry VIII. to the present day, and these include one, beautifully carved, with effigies and shields of arms, to Robert Chernocke, 1547, and Richard, his son, 1615; there are other monuments to Lieut.-Col. C. Hervey Smith, of Aspley House, 1857, and Frances, his wife, and to the Rev. Edward Hervey, rector, 1796; in the nave is a slab inscribed to William Nichols esq. 1619: the east window is stained
Land owner permission obtained.
View and discuss this location on Grey Arrows.
Co-ordinates: 52.03988, -0.624619 • what3words: ///safari.finely.reactions